Monday, September 13, 2010

Clearing Sale



I have to admit that English is not my native language and I am constantly making mistakes, which is why I have a wife who is also my editor. In fact, I once accidentally misspelled “warehouse” as “whorehouse” in a business letter and ended up entertaining the office for weeks. So, I can relate. Queens entertains us every day with some ‘state of the art’ misspellings like this one.
Understandably the video rental business is tough in this digital (read: pirate) age. Giants like Blockbuster are filing for bankruptcy left and right, and so you know little bodega video stores are having to try even harder to survive. I guess they are using any sales tactics at their disposal, including deep discounts on ‘forbidden fruit’ adult cinema juxtaposed with cute puppies. Hey, I guess they have the whole gamut. One stop shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment